Another question to the book blogging community

How do you add buttons that will link up to the sponsoring blog.
I can add the button but it does not link to anything. What am I doing wrong. I did it when I put the book blog button on my blog. It has a embedded code. But how do you do it with the blogging appreciation or the challenges or other things that you want to link up.
Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong...

Views: 5

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, for goodness sake. I have tried to get this info up for you but it won't work so here is a url to tell you how.
http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-howdoi/browse_thread/th...
The only change is where it says URL OF YOUR BLOG instead type in the url of the page you want to link too. I posted a blog so you can see if that is what you were talking about.
I am totally confused. I thought you need a embedded code from the original blogger. That is not true??
It's true if the original blogger includes an embeddable code. Then all you have to do is copy and past right into your blog post. The info I posted was about your question on how to link up. Many times the button is really a banner that just has the code to where the origanal blogger has posted the actual picture. And sometimes they just put up a picture and you have to copy it to your computer before you can use it. That is when to use the code above. Also, sometimes if you copy a button's code and it doesn't work, it is good to check the code for errors.

Here is an example of a challenge like I thought you were asking about. It has a cute banner but I had to add the code.
R.I.P. Challenge III

I used the hyperlink button above to add the webpage url. I used the add an image to post the banner that I had copied to my computer. I then put the two codes together and added the alt name. I erased anything that didn't fit with the code directions (like height dimensions) so it would look exactly like the code says.
I think I know what you are talking about. I don't mean to be slow. But I am new to this. You are saying that you put the button in the html and then add the blog address to the gadgets of the layout page if you are using blogger. Is that correct. If not I don't get it.
I am not very technical.
Well I finally figured it out how stupid of me it is easy as pie. Just find gadgets, put the button in. And if I looked any closer it would have bit me.
There is a space to put the URL. Thanks for everybodys help. Sooner or later I will get all this. Sometime I hope to do the favor for someone else.
My discussion is now closed.

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tarah Theoret.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service