My local book club is interested in setting up a possible videoconference with an author at some point. Do any of you have any experience with this? Do you know of a source for contacting "willing" authors, how do we go about doing this?

Tags: authors, book, club, videoconference

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a great idea. I never heard of this. I would also like to hear how this works.
We really don't have a game plan at this point - wondering if others have done this. Trying to find out if there are authors willing to do this and what is a source for contacting. I know "Reading Group Guides" often offers phone conferences - it' s just a thought that I hope will work out.
Videoconference is the same as online conference. I have done several videoconference book club discussion groups at school with our students - between our school and another middle school. I think this would be a great opportunity for a "virtual" author visit - certainly would cost less and be a great experience. However, nothing can replace the real live visit. I have been doing research and have found some "businesses" that arrange these. I was hoping some of our book blog network would have had some experiences with this.

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tricia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service