I find my self spending so much time swapping books that it is cutting into my reading time. It started on just trying to fill the gaps in my unfinished series and has ended up with my finding lots of folks I have never read before. I am now addicted to book swapping sites.

Point of discussion, I use
Paperbackswap which is my favorite and seems to have the biggest selection.

Book Mooch which is easy but doesn't seem to get the traffic or books like Paperbackswap.

TitleTrader which allows you to list just about anything and trade it for books. (I am divesting myself of a wide range of computer parts in exchange for books.)

Swaptree which is my least favorite, hardest to use and zero communication from the site but they do allow you to rade CD's and DVD's for books.

So where do you swap your books and how do you like them?

Tags: books, for, free, only, shipping, swapping, trading

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amanda,
You may not thank me when you have books overwhelming your desktop, sliding onto your laptop and just everywhere. My blog name is ibpurpledragon and on my blog I have an imaginary self portrait. It is on the right side column, a dragon lording over his horde of books.
http://bookrevues.blogspot.com/
Thanks for replying.
Bill
I signed up for paperbackswap. I like it so far.

I signed up for swaptree. I have 7 trades and it's all good too.
Check out Bookmooch, I have had the most traffic and luck there. Swaptree's downside is you have to wait until someone wants to trade for a specific book you have. Bookmooch and Paperback let you accumulate points and select what ever you want. I like that flexibility. I also found no customer support on Swaptree. Paperbackswap has had a 30 minute or less time lag when I have emailed for help. Bookmooch I have never needed to address support so I don't know how good their's may be. Have fun swapping, it feels like Christmas every time I go to the mailbox and find a book!
I know what you mean. I think it's a blast to trade books and it feeds my appetite for reading without the expense. However, like some of the other comments, I've found some sites insufficient. I'm now using Bookins.com, which I find has more current hardcover books, which is my preference (plus they hold up better in my backpack). I like the fact that I can print the postage from my own computer/printer too and don't have to deal with sellers. Quite simple and easy. I've even traded some of my DVDs to get points to buy more books.
Darn, now I have to check out another site. I prefer hard backs as well since I keep the bulk of my scifi/fantasy. Printing the postage from the computer makes book swapping sensible, no waste of gas to go to the po or library. I just blogged on the inability of PayPal or the PO site to do a media mail to an APO address. I find it amazing that with all of the friends and families in the service that PayPal and the US PO can't do media mail labels. I spoke to PayPal and they claim they are working on it. I don't know what the excuse the PO has, like you could get a human being there. I wrote my Senator and Congressman about it. http://bookrevues.blogspot.com/2008/11/discrimination-against-our-m...
Thanks for the comment.
Bill
Bookmooch is it. It seems to be the only international bookswapping site.

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tarah Theoret.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service