I know this is a little early (Book Expo isn't until early JuneMay 29th to the 31st thank you Book Calendar!), but is anyone planning on going?

Its being held at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City. I went in 2007, when it was at Jacob Javits before, and had a blast. I went as an educator then however and since have left that job (to pursue my career). I'm hopefully attending this year as a Friend of my local Library, I'm not sure what I will do if that doesn't pan out...

Book Expo America that's the website with information from the past expos and such.

When I went in 2007 it was a wonderful experience. Not just meeting some of my favorite authors (and finding new ones) and getting free books and swag, but I was able to connect with members of the publishing world I wouldn't ordinarily come across. I met quite a few editors and marketing assistants plus was able to talk with industry professionals at the many many boothes. I didn't get a chance to happen down the Independents' lane as much unfortunately; by the time I was done meeting with everyone I was scheduled to meet with and my long friendly chat with one editor I only had a little while before I had to take a train back home.

Anyone else been to a Book Expo?

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went last year as a blogger..so if they open it up to lit blogs again, I'd like to go again this year. I agree it was a wonderful and unique experience. If they do open it up to lit bloggers again, we ought to see about doing a get together of some sort.
That would be awesome :) The one thing I was sad about during my time was I didn't have anyone to talk with--though my friend was awfully tolerant of my two hour long phonecall with her XD

I think I'll email the convention folks once tickets go for sale--I'm not entirely sure what is required as a Friend of the Library to be eligible to attend, so I'll ask about blogs too :D
So are you saying you got in for free?
I got in for free as a blogger.
Well that's cool. But the rates of surrounding hotels are so expensive! Ugh! Guess I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you guys. :-)
yeah NYC is a bit of a debt collector in hotels...luckily I can either room with a friend or just commute the two days I want to go in.
really? wow I had to pay since I went in as an educator. I'll definately have to see if they're gonna do a blogger special then...maybe i'll email now just to find out...
technically as a blogger you're getting in as press. :)
I emailed them and I can get a ticket as an 'Industry Professional' (they sure do make you feel special!)

so I know what I'm doing in May now XD
Industry Professional as a blogger or an educator?
as a blogger...
Yeah, that would be really neat. I live 60 miles away from the City and I really want to go. If i have enough moolah I'll go whether they open it for lit bloggers or not.

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tarah Theoret.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service