I am curious- for more information see my latest post on my blog: http://bit.ly/HFrzr1

But I wouldn't mind a discussion here too. When you read and are processing what you read, are you reading with the mind of a game maker or a participant? 

Game makers: Often think "This would be a great twist to add in a little bit." "oo! That was unexpected- genius!" Thoughts are consumed with what the author (the one that writes the story and doesn't just let the story write itself) thought when writing the book.

Participants: You become the characters as you read. You have no idea what will happen next, but just go with the flow. Common thoughts of participants are: "No! Don't do that! Only an idiot woulddo that!" "Crap? Now what?" "Aww! That's so sweet, I can't wait till this character comes back on the scene."

So which are you?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am most def a game maker when I read. I am always trying to stay one step ahead of the book, I think of unexpected turns the author could take with the novel and as I read thourgh sometimes I find those unexpected turns. I love to see where the author's mind is going and what the motivation is behind the book, or certain parts that really struck a cord with me.

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tarah Theoret.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service