My advice will be to visit other blogs and leave meaningful comments on them. If you visit regularly, I find that others (though not all) will return the favour. Also, have you got a Twitter account? I always post a link on Twitter to my latest blog post.
Building up followers doesn't happen overnight, but will happen gradually.
Hope that helps!
Nikki-ann @ www.notesoflife.co.uk
I agree with Nikki-ann by recommending you to visit other blogs and leave comments. Twitter is a good tool as well. Stumble Upon might work, too, but I've noticed that it only kicks in after the first hundred posts or so. You might try to sign up with Entrecard as well (it's free).
Best to you
What in the world is a blog hop???
I was able to get a lot of followers from Parajunkee's blog hop. Just participate every week!
I haven't been blogging for long but here are what I've learned so far about getting more followers:
- Participate in a Blog Hop/Memes: Waiting on Wednesday, In My Mailbox, Teaser Tuesdays...
- Join a Blog Tour for a book
- Join a Giveaway Hop: Some bloggers make following a requirement, others don't.
- Link your post on Twitter/Facebook and here on Book Blogs and other sites
- Comment on other bloggers' post and maybe leave your blog's URL as a signature next to your name
- Be patient
Anddd yeah, those are my tips. While getting followers is always good, try to not make it your main focus because it gets tiring always worrying about getting followers. Just have fun!
Thanks Mary! It would seem that a Blog Hop is the way to go but until people started mentioning them, I never even knew there was such a thing. I am soooo glad I joined this site! I'll have to look into the Blog Hops, Blog Tours, and Giveaway Hops! Thanks so much for your help!