I'm asking this question because my husband thinks I'm some freak of nature.

Yesterday I started the book Riding the Universe by Gaby Triana (267 pages) at about 4:30 in the afternoon and finished it by about 9:00 p.m. It was a good book!

Anyway, I know there are faster readers out there and it just made me curious...Are you a slow reader or a fast reader...how long does it usually take you to read a book?
I know that if I really like a book I read it fast but if I'm reading a book that is so-so then it can take me forever!
So comment away!!!

Views: 1707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just thinking aobut this question minutes before I logged on. I have to admit, I am a slow reader. The only book I managed to finish in 3 days was Mitch Albom's The Five people You Meet In Heaven. From that, he became one of my best authors.
I took speed reading classes (Evelyn Woods Reading Dynamics) while I was still in high school, so I read most books in a day and a half. Still, a bad book - one that is not properly edited - can take me a half-hour to get through just 3 or 4 pages! Those are the books you simply need to give up on. In college, I would literally read some very large textbooks - like The History of Western Civilization - between midnight and 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. Fortunately, life is no longer college/university...
LOL!
I try to read at least 100 pages a day, but if the book is boring, I'm slower. If the book is REALLY GOOD I can finish 400 pages in around 24 hours.
it entirely depends on the book, if its good, then not long at all. eg Twilight = 3.5 hours, Pride&Prejudice = 5
I can read all of the Harry Potters in 6 days, the first 2 in 1 day, then a day each for the others, My brother cant believe i dont skim read - it takes him forever to finish anything, if he does at all :)
I can be pretty fast. It depends. I have so many distractions at home it's a little hard to determine my speed. Also because I'm reading more than one book they take a little longer to finish.
If its a good read-- I can read a book pretty fast in a day. If I can't get into it...might take a couple days. If I reading it for a review or trying to make notes for me. I do take the time to wrap my head around the story and characters. It depends on the writing and how well I like the story.
I'm a fast reader. My husband also think I'm a freak of nature. I told him I can think of worse habits than reading....

If it's something I'm into I can read it in a day. Only reading when I wake up in the morning, and before I go to bed at night. But if I can't get into a book, it will take me forever.

I can read a 1,000 page book in a day.
I used to be a fast reader. I read Stephen King's The Stand (the unbridged edition) in 9 hours. I read two Harry Potter books over a weekend, and have to admit last fall while recovering from heart surgery I read the Twilight series (okay I did not finish book four) in three days. If the book really has my attention I can read it in a day or two. Normally though between work and school I am lucky to finish a book in two week.
When I was in high school, I took an Evelyn Wood reading course. While it helped a lot for work and school, I sometimes am very sad that the books end too quickly. This is especially true when i have really loved the characters. I feel as if I lose a friend that I was just starting to get to know. I read the whole 9 books of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris in about 9 days total. I miss her and can't wait until the next one comes out.
i love re-reading books! Especially once I've finished it for the first time, I'll almost automatically read it again, to enjoy it one more time...and I catch new things or I look out for new things. I'm a fast reader so it's no bigger to read it again...but that way I don't miss the characters!!
Wow, you folks are amazing. A book a day, 1,000 pages in a day! I'm extremely lucky if I can get through 100 oages in a day or knock off a book a week.

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tricia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service