i usually read 3 books at the same time, on new year's day and yesterday i started and finished 2 books on the same day. i read really fast. last year i read 242 books
1. The Duchess and the Dragon by Jamie Carie
2. Wagered Heart by Robin Lee Hatcher
3. The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
4. The Centurion’s Wife by Davis Bunn and Janette Oke
5. The Fruit of My Lipstick by Shelley Adina
6. New Horizons by Lois Gladys Leppard
7. 3 Willows by Ann Brashares
8. Tender Grace by Jackina Stark
9. Healing Stones by Nancy Rue and Stephen Arterburn
How did you become such a fast reader, I know there’s some material out there if you want to become a faster reader. Rapid reading that’s something I wish I could do, I always thought it wasn’t possible to finish a book a day unless it was under 50 pages.
I tried some of these programs they have out there like Eye Q, but I don’t think it works.
What’s your secret?
no secret, i've just been reading my whole life (started at age 3) and just enjoy it. it also helps that i'm a grad student and currently on winter break, so i'm trying to get in as much fun reading time before the schoolwork starts again :)
I usually read anywhere between 2-3 books in any given day. If it is a YA series I can shoot through 6 in a day because they are easy reads for me. Since the beginning of the year, I have probably read 63 books and that's low balling it for me.
Wow Deborah you either read crazy fast or you're just that hardcore. I'm down, though. Only read 2 books so far this year, excluding knitting manuals, but once I'm finished with my move and training for a new job then I'm sure my intake will increase.
Rolling Thunder sounds interesting, what it is about I’m intrigued about the Vietnam War. I use to live In Plattsburgh N.Y a small town, used to be home of an army base. Everybody there either was in the war, knows somebody, some family member who was in it. I’m trying not to put too much on my plate to read, how good this book is!
I've read 6, but to be fair 2 were short story collections, 1 was a re-read and all 6 were young adult so they were slimmer then your average novel.
1) Curses Inc and other Stories (Vivian Vande Velde)
2) Now You See It... (Vivian Vande Velde)
3) To Catch a Pirate (Jade Parker)
4) Companions of the Night (Vivian Vande Velde)
5) Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow (Jessica Day George)
6) Tales from the Brothers Grimm and Sisters Grimmer (Vivian Vande Velde)
I was on a slight Vivian Vande Velde kick. I still have Heir Apparent, Conjurer Princess, Changling Prince, User Unfriendly, A Hidden Magic, Dragon's Bait and a Well Timed Enchantment to read of hers...