I need help. I need more followers before I can follow people back because I reached a stupid cap.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Follow me @dealsharingaunt please

I just looked at your twitter account and you'll need way more followers than what you have now to break that limit. I believe they'll allow you over 2000 once you get over 1800, 1900 or maybe 2000 ( I forgot, it was a few months when I was there). Even after you break 2000 you still have limits (I believe 2200 for every 2000 that are following you, 3300 for 3000 etc...) 

Not sure what's your strategy but if you really don't care who is following you (if you just want to boost your numbers to show to others) I believe you'll need to change the strategy.  Also be careful not to get banned. Twitter monitors the number of people you're adding or unfollowing.

In my experience, you should generally add only those to whom you really want to connect and communicate. Large number of people who are following you only because you follow them will not bring you anything. I have over 12000 followers and I believe that's about 6000-7000 more than I should have at this point. I even forced unfollowing of my account in last few weeks so about 150-200 people unfollowed me. I believe it's better to have 1000 people who really want to follow you than 30000 who don't care about you at all.

But if you still want to find users who will most likely follow regardless of who you are let me know and I'll post it here so everybody can see it.

I only followed back people that follow me, and follow on rafflecopter forms to enter giveaways. I have not unfollowed anyone at all. not all the people I follow are following me back. my problem now is that I cannot enter giveaways that I want because of the limit :( thanks for the info. I don't know what else to do....

Hi Victoria,

My suggestion is that you go through your following list and unfollow some of the people you've followed. As "IronFist" noted, Twitter does give you caps based on the number of people who are following you... in addition to that, you won't get quality followers if your ratio of following to followers is really wide.

One of the easiest way to unfollow people is to use the service ManageFlitter.com.  It will show you any accounts you follow that are unactive, people who don't follow you, people who have low activity, and a bunch of other data.  Often if you unfollow the people who are unactive, have low activity, and don't have a picture, it'll put your account back in balance.

One last thought... unfortunately, when I look at your Twitter stream, it looks kind of "spammy."  What I mean is, you have a lot of tweets either asking for follow backs or telling people to enter contests.  Not any replies to people or even general conversation. Many people won't follow a person whose stream looks like that because they don't want spam or just advertisements ending up in their stream.  My biggest suggestion is that you mix it up a bit... it's like if you go to a cocktail party... everyone wants to be around the person who jokes, asks questions, and shares the spotlight.  No one wants to be around the Mary Kay lady who uses every thing as a way to come back to either selling you Mary Kay or persuading you that you should sign up to sell MaryKay.  Right now, your stream looks like the MaryKay lady... and that's probably why you aren't getting more followers.

Hope that helps!

Great advice Shauntelle!

thanks! I need all the help I can get!

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tarah Theoret.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service