I am looking for ways to get my book more visible. The book is a self-help on getting thru a divorce. The interesting thing i sseveral have mentioned it is also valuable for those dealing with depression. The intent of the book is to inspire those who have gone thru such a loss not to lose hope but realize life is waiting to be lived and with zest.
It also is insightful to family and friends who want to be encouraging for their friend of loved one i=in such a tough spot.
I would appreciate any wisdom in getting this out to as many as possible.
- Get on Twitter make friends and talk to people!
- Hire an designer to make you swag and run giveaways, people will fall over them self for a bookmark...seriously (I know a good inexpensive designer if you need a name!)
- Buy ad space on a popular blog - can be spendy but worth it!
- DON'T spam your feeds - we know you have a book, once an hour a reminder where to find it is OK but 14 in a row is going to get you booted from peoples feeds.
- Email Bloggers that review your type of book and ask for a review. BE POLITE, address them by NAME or BLOG NAME, make sure all your info is in the e-mail and be prepared to give them the book for free. You have to spend money to make money.
Basically, marketing, marketing, marketing....just like anything that needs to be sold. Good luck!
Promoting your eBook through an affiliate program is a great way to generate more exposure and sales for your published work. Target your program at content publishers in your niche who can expose your eBook to a brand new audience.
Have a site setup for your ebook, whether it be on your blog or on one for the book itself. Once the site looks good, start linking as much as possible to it. This can be done through places like squidoo and yahoo voices. On top of this, start guest blogging on sites with high traffic. This will definetly boost your site visits, thereby increasing your chances of sales. On top of this, test out methods that generate the most amount of conversions.
If you can, I would recommend building a social media platform, but this may take some time, depending on how well known you are on the web. You may also want to compile top lists of books in that area and include your book in it as well so that it can gain some visibility.