Just a head's up, I've got quite a few offers lined up for May so please sign up for only those you can giveaway and/or review.
This offer is for Made in the U.S.A.
by Billie Letts
during the month of May.
- Please reply here AND also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your blog URL and please don't forget to send me the link once you have the giveaway up.
- If you would also like to receive a review copy for yourself, please let me know and include your mailing address.
*****Please make it easier for me to organize by emailing me:
Which book you'd like to review and/or giveaway
Your Full Name and Mailing Address
Your blog link
- Please restrict your winners to residents of the US and Canada and please let your winners know we cannot mail to PO Boxes.
- If you would like your giveaway to be cross-promoted on the HBG site, please extend the duration of your giveaway to last over 7 days at minimum. Also be sure to email me the link and contest deadline.
The bestselling author of WHERE THE HEART IS returns with a heartrending tale of two children in search of a place to call home.
Lutie McFee's history has taught her to avoid attachments...to people, to places, and to almost everything. With her mother long dead and her father long gone to find his fortune in Las Vegas, 15-year-old Lutie lives in the god-forsaken town of Spearfish, South Dakota with her twelve-year-old brother, Fate, and Floy Satterfield, the 300-pound ex-girlfriend of her father.
While Lutie shoplifts for kicks, Fate spends most of his time reading, watching weird TV shows and worrying about global warming and the endangerment of pandas. As if their life is not dismal enough, one day, while shopping in their local Wal-Mart, Floy keels over and the two motherless kids are suddenly faced with the choice of becoming wards of the state or hightailing it out of town in Floy's old Pontiac. Choosing the latter, they head off to Las Vegas in search of a father who has no known address, no phone number and, clearly, no interest in the kids he left behind.
MADE IN THE U.S.A. is the alternately heartbreaking and life-affirming story of two gutsy children who must discover how cruel, unfair and frightening the world is before they come to a place they can finally call home.
* Includes a Reading Group Guide
"A heartbreaking tale about love, loss and survival that will stick with the reader long after the last page is turned." --- Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)
"Gripping...unflinching...Letts's best work since her stunning debut novel." --- Associated Press
"Heartfelt...Letts is at the top of her game." --- Dallas Morning News
"Deeply moving and entertaining."--- New York Post