(Oops, I sent this one to the main discussion group, but maybe someone besides our group will be interested.)

A heads up for the Salt Lake City Library "Used Book Sale" at the end of April. The public sale starts Saturday, April 25 - 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. and ends on Tuesday April 28 - 9am - 9pm. The sale is held at the City Library 210 East and 400 South. Cash or check - sorry no credit cards.

and I know really short notice.....

The author Richard Louv - Last Child in the Woods will be at the SLC Library Saturday April 4, 2009. The lecture starts at 7 pm with a reception at 8:30.

Have fun!
Sharon

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome!! I love used books.
I LOVE this sale. We go every time. My post about the last library book sale.

The last two time we went, we were lucky enough to have family in town so we could leave the kids in bed. I wonder if a babysitter would be willing to come over at 7 in the morning on a Saturday!

Are you working it Sharon?
N - I'm not working it - thank heavens! We have a group of volunteers called The Friends of the Library who do it. They are so wonderful. The money they receive from the book sales funds all sorts of bookish things. They fund library scholarships and workshops. They also buy a book for every 4th grader in SLC for a program called Library Goes 4th which I'm involved in. That's just a few of the places where the proceeds from the book sales go.

I'm crossing my fingers you can find a babysitter, because yikes - it's crazy!

Sharon
In UK they have a great place www.fatbrain.co.uk  that buys used books.  Send them in, get cash, not "store credit".   they buy top million or so titles selling.   I buy on Amazon or Ebay, yard sales, thrift shops, and occasionally new at a store.  I support small stores, and many of Amazon's suppliers are individuals, small stores.
Magna library is also having a huge book sale May 6th and 7th. They are moving locations. All info can be found at SLCo. Library.org

RSS

Need help?

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tarah Theoret.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service