1. Market your new book online by creating a website with a shopping cart.
2. Sign up for a PayPal account to compliment your website. This account should be used to receive payments, as well as to make any business transactions that may occur as you market your book online
3. Create a Google Adwords account. Bid on keywords that potential readers might type into a search engine to find information on the topic that your book covers
4. Advertise your book online with a one-on-one approach by setting up informational and slightly promotional pages on Facebook and Myspace. Make contacts with book clubs, authors, publishers, owners of books stores, etc
5. Join online book clubs, writer’s groups, and community forums. Actively participate in groups that might be interested in your book genre.
6. Create a real nice book cover and market it on facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Flickr and a plethra of other social media platforms.
7. Create a 30-60 second video book trailer make it look like a movie and market on youtube and all the social media platforms designed to market video. In addition burn it to dvd and show your family, friends and book literary agents. Furthermore, on Amazon you can paste the url of the video on the site which will make purchasing your book more appealing. Sample Trailer